Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #15

Library 2.0 is something that I have already experienced in this past year. Our librarian is techno-savvy and I go to her for help with technology projects all the time. We collaborated on "photo story" with my career classes. She introduced them to Flickr.com and we explored how to import pictures and use them wisely. Together, our students created some of the best career photo stories that they proudly presented! I also told her how I was using student folders to house projects for grading. We are trying to "go green"! She passed this info along to the other teachers in our school. Our library is more than just reading books and checking out books. Our librarian helps students on technology when she can. She is always my "go to" person when I can't figure something out. Our library of the future is going to look much different that it does now. I doubt that it has four walls and ONE person that we call a librarian. Today, students have so much information at their fingertips. They just need a facilitator to help discover the world that lies within that information and the best way to use it. That is where a great librarian comes in! Good job, Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment