Friday, August 7, 2009

thing #14

Technorati - I have just come from my conference in Dallas for Family and Consumer Science. I was extremely disappointed with the outbreak sessions and the quality of infomration that I received. After taking this online course thus far, I, who am not considered a techno-savvy individual, am far more savvy than the presenters at this conference! At one session, we actually received handouts of websites that "might be useful in our lesson plans"!! If these people had researched the web applications, they could have just placed each website on "delicious.com" and instructed us to research the "tags" and find their website suggestions accordingly! One person that presented talked about adding "photo story" to your lesson plans and proceded to show the poorest example of a "photo story" that I had ever seen. Even my worst students did better the example presented! I was so embarrassed for the presenter and wanted to take her my laptop and say "please show this photo story so that each individual will know that it can be done right"!!! By searching blogs, we are all connected and can share our findings. We can learn what does not work and what does! We can comment to each other and expand on our existing knowledge. Tagging our information can help us to know what already did not work and help us go in another direction from the beginning. Collaboration with others helps to increase our abilities to reach our goals must faster! Way to go Technorati!

No comments:

Post a Comment