Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #23! Yea!

Answers to questions for final Thing!
1. Favorite discoveries or exercises were the RSS feeds so that I can organize my reading material. I also enjoyed learning what an Avatar was and creating my own personal Avatar!
2. This program has assisted my lifelong learning goals in many ways. I am always trying to stay on top of education and new ways of teaching. This program has offered my endless possibilities for making my classes creative and interesting. I want to get proficient at podcasting and actually video some of my cooking classes! I just need a "catch phrase" and I will be the next Emeril!!
3.The unexpected outcome for me was that I actually knew about the Photo Story program. You always love to hear that you are doing something right! I used it efficiently last year and plan to expand on it again this year along with other "things" that were in this program. I love learning about technology and trying to incorporate it into my classes. The students will teach me the rest of what I don't know!
4. I did not actually learn that you had help sessions on specific dates until the very end of this program. Sending out emails or constant reminders that the sessions are going on would be helpful. I know that I asked Vaughn to help me, but I did not know that there were actual classes held that I could attend with fellow teachers to learn more about what I was doing. It is always better to learn in a social setting!?!
5. I would definitely participate in another one of these programs! After attending the Family and Consumer Science Conference in Dallas, I learned that I was more technologically advanced than the presenters! One of my fellow teachers asked me if I would consider being a presenter for next year since I knew many ways to make their presentations much better already! I felt so sorry for the presenter that actually introduced the Photo Story concept and the poor example she gave! I almost ran up to the front with my laptop and said "Here, this is what it is suppose to look like and this is what your students are capable of doing"!!!! Thanks for having this program available.
6. I would describe my experience as "An incredible, enlightening, educational,journey through the infinite world of technology"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment